7.03.2012

Anderson Cooper


As I was waiting to start at work yesterday, I decided to go on my phone and check my twitter, just cause. And I saw this tweet from Neil Patrick Harris, “Good for you, @AndersonCooper. You're awesome. http://tinyurl.com/chw8qyu”. So I opened it, and whaddya know? The Silver Fox is out. I was so happy, I honestly wanted to cry. I always get so emotional when famous people come out. It gives me hope. I know it’s not something that anyone has to share with the world, but when they do, it truly makes an impact. It’s kind of the same as children seeing their ethnicity represented on TV. It gives them a boost, and shows them that they can do whatever they want in life. And it shows them that whatever they look like, whatever they feel is alright. We are who we are, and there’s nothing wrong with that.


Here’s one of my favourite parts of Cooper’s email…

“In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s just so much good in those two sentences.

Thank you thank you thank you. You are an inspiration to many, and I’m so happy that you decided to share this with us all.


Click here for picture source.

No comments:

Post a Comment