10.14.2012

#20SongsThatILike

The second in my series of TT posts. 

This list is not in any order.


Tonight - BIG BANG (Korean and Japanese version)

x x x
I was so shocked when I first heard the Korean version cause I got the Japanese album before I bought the Korean single. So different. And why do they always use so much English on their Japanese tracks?

Memory Box - Crystal Kay 

x

When I first bought on iTunes, this track didn't work. How devastating for me. Crystal Kay is my favourite Japanese artist, and I had been waiting for this album for so long. But this song was worth the extended wait. 

이바보 - Wonder Girls
x
I don't usually listen to Wonder Girls, but they are my introduction to K-Pop so I always give them a try. This song is fun and I love the bass. Never too much bass.

Anna Sun - Walk The Moon
x


I know this might sound weird, but this is my mourning song. I had the BIRP! playlist on shuffle or something, and this song popped up when I was thinking about my uncle.

Heiwa - Rize
x 
Rize was my introduction to Japanese music. I love these guys, and this song is one of my favourites from them. Actually, I think it's the first song I heard from them.

You Are Loved (Don't Give Up) - Josh Groban
x
This song reminds me of Steinbach. Can I marry this man? What an amazing voice.

The End Of The World - Lupe Fiasco
x
Best rapper alive? I think so. Great song. Great mix tape.


Innerkip - The Outerspacerz
x

The amount of talent that has come out of my high school is astounding. I am so proud of these guys. They just released an EP which you can conveniently download here for free.  This song is so beautiful. I have had it on repeat ever since I downloaded the EP. It's probably one of my favourite sings on this list. 
P.S. If you ever meet these guys, give David a big hug. haha He gives the best hugs. ^^

What Is Love - EXO-K

x
Exo is a new group created by SM Entertainment. I love every song on their EP. The vocals on this song gives me the chills. They are so talented. Good job SM.
(Sometimes you will see Exo-M. When you see 'K' it's the Korean part of the group and when you see 'M' it's the Chinese part. The leader of Exo-M is Canadian.)

Take Five - Dave Brubeck

What a classic. This song never gets old. 

Uprising - Muse

x
The lyrics. That voice. The weird instrumentals. I love everything about this song. 

I Love You - 2NE1
x x

Love at first listen. How can YG have so many amazing artists? I wish their world tour would have a Canadian date. Why doesn't Tablo put in a good word for us?

Until The End - Dru ft. Natasha Waterman
x
My favourite song from my cousin Dru. I'm loving the vocals on this track. And even though North American R&B isn't my thing, I always have this song on repeat. So good. 
New single out soon.

Numb - Linkin Park
x
Memories of when I used to love these guys. haha Not a fan of their last two albums. I used to be so obsessed with this song.

Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert

x x
Thank you tumblr for putting this on the radar. I don't usually give hip hop a chance, but once in a while I get pleasantly surprised. I remember when I first watched this video. I cried so much. Ok, who am I kidding? I still cry when I watch. Beautiful song, beautiful message. 

Redemption Song - Bob Marley & The Wailers
I can listen to this song all day. First heard it from I Am Legend at end credits. 

Lie To Me - Jen Lane

x
The perfect Saturday song by a very talented Canadian artist. Brings back memories of Chisasibi.

Of All Days (오늘따라) - T.O.P

x

By far the best song on the GD T.O.P collab album. I'm still waiting for a full length solo album from this guy. His voice is orgasmic.

Where The Wild Things Are - Far East Movement ft. Crystal Kay
x
Queen CK is on the list twice. This song is the North American debut for her. She has been having a great year. So many singles and she made this list twice. haha Good job CK! 

Zebra (Beach House) - Yellow Ostrich
x
Yes, I like the Yellow Ostrich version better than the original. Don't judge me. Such a beautiful song.

If I made this a playlist, I wouldn't skip a song. I have awesome taste in music. True story.

What's your 20? Tweet me some songs or leave your list in the comment section.

Follow the Xs to twitter accounts and official websites.
Click on the titles to watch hear the songs on youtube.
Image sources: click here, here, here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment