1.16.2013

365: 8 - 14

Day 8: Things that make you sad… 

Doctor Who, summer, humans, spilt milk, Canadian prices of everything, basketball, facebook, my boobs, not being able to read as much as I used to, children crying, and closed-toe shoes.

Day 9: Things that make you happy… 

Doctor Who, Pokémon, tumblr, music, rice cookers, James Franco’s smile, Indian food, my baby blanket still sleep with it, nail polish, and my new camera...

Samsung doesn't want to take a decent picture of Panasonic ><

Day 10: What you think when you hear the words “be yourself”?

Whatever you do, do it because you want to, and whatever you don’t do, don’t do it because you don’t want to. Being yourself isn't an easy thing to do. Especially if who you are doesn't fit in with the people you are surrounded by. The amount of hurtful things I have heard from people in my family just because I don’t shave. Really?! Body hair is gross? That’s news to me. But whatever. You gotta get thick skin, and you gotta realise that you can’t please everyone. So don’t even try. You'll me miserable.

Day 11: The worst advice you've ever heard, or ever been given...

I don’t think this qualifies as advice, but everyone told me last year when I started my undergrad that first year is the toughest. Lies, lies and more lies!! I would love to just go back to first year and chill there. Erase this past semester too. Yes, first year was tough, but that’s only because of English. As you can see on my blog, I'm not one for proper structure when it comes to writing. If you can clearly understand what I am saying, than that should be enough. So yeah, English was hard and brought down my GPA. But the rest was A’s and B’s. Second year, on the other hand, was hell. I was clueless in half of my courses. It didn't help that I was dealing with shit outside of school. Anywho, that’s behind me now. Korea will be better.

Day 12: The best advice you've ever heard, or ever been given...

“Why take something so seriously if you know you can’t get out alive?”

Advice can come in the form of a question right? This is my favourite. I was talking to someone last month about growing up and I think he said his wife told him this. So true. We are all going to die, so might as well have fun. I'm not going to watch the news if I could be training my Pokémon. I'm not going comb my hair every day because that precious time could be spent sleeping in. I'll be mature when I need to be.

Day 13: Your favourite quote…

“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Day 14: Write about something you believe in, anything at all…

Myself. Click here. Not gonna go through all that again. I've done good and I'll continue to do so.

Questions from here

No comments:

Post a Comment