4.14.2013

Gentleman MV & Dance

Kind of taken aback when the video started. You should have seen the confusion on my face. I wasn't prepared yet. I expected to see it with the rest of the world at 9, but we got it early. And at first I was like, 'What is this? Is this an introduction to the video? OMG!! Wait!! This is the video isn't it?" Most confusing 20 seconds of my life. So I'm calm now, and I'm having mixed emotions. First I'm crying and chocking on my own spit. The fart in the face. OMG!! But then I'm all, "But wait. Why are you bringing people back from the Gangnam Style MV?" I just didn't understand what was going on. But I'm sure I didn't understand what was going on in the GS MV when I first saw it, so I knew I need time. But I had no time cause we were taken back to the concert. He performs it live and I have to wait till after the show to fully process what I just witnessed. 

I watch again after and came to the conclusion that this video is the lovechild of Nice Guys and Gangnam Style. Next conclusion is that the feminists aren't going to be happy. haha Whatever, they never are. And I just watch again and again, and keep laughing. I must go back and watch GS again cause now I don't know which one I like better. 


These men at the beginning are awesome. Especially the one in the white suit posing in the back with his bags. Now that's special. 

I won't even talk about the extras at the end… 


And on to the dance. Before the song was even released, PSY mentioned that all Koreans will know the dance. And we also see shots from the video shoot and see that Ga-In from Brown Eyed Girls is in the video. So of course it'd be Abracadabra dance right? Some people KPop hipsters feel really special cause they can add two and two. But I'm not impressed and put this thought in the back of my head. I'd wait till it happens. Why wasn't I impressed? Abracadabra is an uneventful song and the dance is on the same level. So even after I hear Gentleman and picture the dance, I can't quite fit them together. I was worried this wouldn't work, and I wanted something fun. But I think, "At least the song is amazing."

When the video comes on, after all the shock and confusion, I get very impressed with the dance. PSY made it good. I don't care how long it's been around or how popular it is/was. I didn't care for it until I saw it paired with Gentleman. You know you're a genius when. So I guess that's where BED went wrong for me. It's not that the dance is bad, they just put the wrong song with it. But PSY brought it back.

And that's all I'll say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment