5.23.2013

Nice To Meet You

One year!!! I started this blog a year ago. I didn't realise how much time this thing would take up. >< But I love it anyways. My blog has been a bit sad lately. Been having a rough time, and I really thought that this week would be a lot better. Instead I've dealt with shitty attitudes, rude comments and still stressing about what’s going on back "home". But I want this to be a happy post, cause this is a happy occasion. So here’s a couple of stories that've made me smile recently…. 


May 17th, 2013

This was a lazy day. May or may not have drank a little too much the night before. (school festival) I did two things this day; go to lunch with Daniel (one of my closest friends here) and attempted to save Daphne from waiting for someone who wasn't going to show up.

While I was at lunch with Daniel, Gyumi came in with a group and she asked me to give Daphne a message. She wouldn't be able to meet her at main gate like they'd previously planned. I had no way of making sure that she'd get this message and she didn't come home between the time that I got back and the time that she was supposed to meet Gyumi. So I headed out to main gate for five.

On my way there, two boys, probably around 10, were coming in my direction. One on a bike and the other walking. As they got closer they both said hi to me, and I said hi back. After that, I can't remember which one was saying what…

Boy 1/2: "Nice to meet you."

Me: "Nice to meet you too."

Boy 1/2: "어디에서 왔서요?" (Where are you from?)

Me: "캐나다에서 왔습니다." (I"m from Canada.) haha Why I responded so formerly to kids?

Boy 1/2: "Ahh!! Canada?"

Me: "네." (Yes.)

Boy: "Ok, thanks. Bye." "Bye."

Me: "Bye."


haha And that was it. They continued on their way. They never really stopped to begin with, just slowed down a little. So cute. 

Also, Daphne did get the message. haha So I ended up waiting for no one.


May 22nd, 2013

Yesterday I was eating dinner with Daniel. we might as well be food buddies We had
"spicy" chicken steaks. 

-__- Not spicy 

Once we finished eating, these two women say hi to us. They asked if we're Kyung Hee students, and when we told them yes, they got all excited. lol They’re seniors here. They were so excited to meet us and as usual, super impressed that I'm from Canada. haha Why so many love Canada so much? One of them wants to go there soon.

Any who, they were asking us questions about what we're studying and they wanted to know if we wanted help with Korean. The universe is on my side. Of course I want help with Korean. So we exchanged contact info, and made a date to meet up on Monday. One hour of them helping us with Korean and one hour of English free talk. lol They weren't going to commit to an hour of just talking in English.

So random but so cute. I wish I was this brave to just go up to people randomly and tell them I want to be their friend and study with them. haha

Ok random picture of me at doggy café. 

These bitches wanted nothing to do with me at first.
ಥ◡ಥ Buddy in the back was super cute 


Thank you so much to all my readers, following and otherwise. Just a couple days ago I see a sudden surge in views and started to tear up. haha Like wow, people actually care about what I have to say. You guys are awesome. And to think that this all started with spiders...

Don't forget to follow me on tumblr and twitter. Lots of love. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment