7.29.2013

The Wolverine

A super short non reviewy review. Can't get into much detail cause it's only been out a few days. Originally posted on my tumblr blog.

Don't judge me.

So I watched The Wolverine today and I don't know what to make of it. It was good but it didn't seem like much of a comic book movie. I'm starting to lose hope in the X-Men series on a whole. I laughed straight through X-Men: First Class, and now I get a movie that looks like any other action movie out there. It was also super awkward at times too. So much fillers made the final cut. Why?

I should have waited to watch it though cause my Japanese skills aren't as good as they used to be and the subtitles were in Korean. haha Ah well. It was good getting to watch another movie with Hiroyuki Sanada in it. I had the biggest smile on my face every time he was on the screen.

Random note: The makeup department, special effects team or whoever's in charge of this stuff could have done more work on Hugh Jackman. His age was showing in this movie, which obviously doesn't work with the character he’s playing, cause you know, he’s not supposed to age that fast. oops

In short, it's an awesome action movie, but I wouldn't consider it a comic book movie. Please take notes from Captain America: The First Avenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment