2.22.2014

Justin Trudeau

*I am not up to date with politics and I'm not interested in any debates right now. Just throwing my thoughts out there.*

As I walked through my school yesterday, I started to think about Justin Trudeau. I wasn't keeping up with most Canadian politics while I was abroad, but his name did occasionally come to my attention. I've always been a fan of the man. My first memory of anything to do with Katimavik involves him in a commercial advertising the program way back when I was in middle school. He seems like a passionate and personable person, and blah blah blah... And I'm sort of a Liberal, if I had to put a name to it. So I guess I should support him.

When he became the leader of the Liberal Party I wasn't sure what to think. He's kind of young. Maybe he should wait a while. Leave an impression on the Canadian population or something. I don't know. And that's when it hit me. He's not that young anymore, and if he waits any longer, he might become further removed from knowing what the people of this country need. And, Shiva forbid, he might become another one of those old, white, sexist, racist, lying politicians that make make Canadians, young and old, shake their heads in disappointment and embarrassment as they apologize to the rest of the world for their leader's stupidity. I don't know what Justin's chances of becoming a significant leader of the history of the Liberal Party are. And I don't know if he'll ever become PM. But it doesn't matter to me anymore. Just do something useful. Do what you can. Make us proud you handsome man. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment