2.16.2014

SGG Post On Culture Shock

Blogged again for Students Gone Global. Check it out here. It's just a look at some of the issues I've been having since I've returned from Korea. But I'd say it's quite a tamed version of what's been going on. My depression has come back full force. I have no desire to be back in St. John's. It's not comfortable and I feel really lonely. Maybe it because I'm used to having a lot of people in the same building as me. I don't know. I don't really talk to my roommates and I don't see my other friends as often as I'd like. I also don't have anyone here who I can talk to about personal stuff, so things are rough. 

I'm doing my best to make the most of my time here though. I have an awesome course load this semester, and I'm slowly getting used to life in St. John's. I'm also constantly thinking about the wonderful life I have ahead of me. And it's starting to look like children won't be a part of it. If I adopt, it probably won't happen till I'm close to 40. There's so much in this world to do, and I intend on doing as much of it as I can. I'm also seriously thinking about doing my master's. wtf Five years in high school, two years in college and volunteering and another five years in university!! What am I thinking? haha But I really want to go to Dongguk and study Buddhism. Possibly Seon Buddhism, which means I'd have to do it in Korean. Then there's working vacations, spending as much time as I can with my nephew, and a crap load of Doctor Who seasons to watch. haha Ok, now I remember why I started blogging. I'm already feeling better just typing this out. 

This post is all over the place. So here's some food...

Been eating like a boss this semester. All of this from scratch.

Ok, it's past 3 in the morning. Thank goodness it's midterm break. I'm gonna do my best to make the most of the rest of my time off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment