9.03.2014

First Day Blues

In tears right now. I've been so stressed out these past few days and school hasn't even started yet. I have just received the smallest glimmer of hope though, so I'm breathing again.

Ever since I got back to Newfoundland, I've been staying up all night stressing about school and life, and then going on to sleep away most of the day. I've also managed to eat a steady diet of froot loops with the occasional piece of cornbread or pineapple upside down cake, so I've been sick cause of that and the stress. I started to get better yesterday, but I've been up all night again and my body is starting to punish me for it.

The only thing I did yesterday was clean the wash room, which needed a serious cleaning cause the girl who lived here in the summer didn't have high cleaning standards. Thank goodness she's moved out. I also did some laundry cause I didn't wash everything before I left for the summer. It's crazy the amount of effort it took me to do those two things.

I was just going over my schedule for this semester and I'm really thankful that I finally decided to start a semester with a smaller course load. A full course load hasn't worked out for me since my first semester in uni, but every semester I tell myself I can do it. It always ends up in shit though, and I've finally accepted the fact that a full course load is too much for me. My schedule has also worked out quite nicely. Every other day I finish class at 1pm, so I can go home and nap. Napping is very important. On the alternate days I have to be in at 9am, which really sucks, but it's for a course that probably wont be offered again while I'm still here. It should be a good one too. So just working on my major and minor this semester.

Hoping to get a MUCEP position and I'm a mentor for an international student again this year. I missed being a mentor. Then there's choir once a week and my usual weekly movie at the theatre. Also taking a weekend course, but it's only for three weekends so by the time mid terms roll in I'll be done with the extra work.

I'm already feeling better now that I have typed this out. This is what this blog has always been for and I'm sad that I've strayed from it for so long. I can only imagine all the terrible days I could have avoided if I had just took a few minutes to take things down. It has been a crazy year so far, but I'm hopeful that things will get better. Also hoping my nose will stop running by the time I get to first class.

Have a fantastic first day of classes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment